Sunday, November 8, 2009

Pass Values to Prompts or Promted Columns

I had come across a question from my friend for passing values to prompts from an interface which is external to OBI.

To achieve the required results, there a URL format to be followed.



This is a dashboard page ("Page 1") having a prompt and a request. Here "M04 Region" and "M03 District" are prompted columns.

Use this URL to pass values. I have set M04 Region="East" and M03 District="District 1"

http://localhost/analytics/saw.dll?Dashboard&PortalPath=/users/administrator/_portal&Page=Page 1&Action=Navigate&col1="D2 Market"."M04  Region"&val1="East "&col2="D2 Market"."M03  District"&val2="District 1"

I have just copied and pasted above URL into address bar and I got the results.



This URL can be called from an application. (i.e. goURL method of JAVA). To add user name and password to it, append &nquser=username&nqpassword=password

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Nice blog. Thanks for suggesting the solution. I do have this point in my mind and was searching for a solution to it. Before knowing the exact problem I found solution on your post. I will try the solution proposed. Thanks again for the help.
sap testing